What is the wealthiest town in Iowa?
Detailed List Of The Richest Cities In Iowa
Rank | City | RichScore
- Bondurant 1.83
- Waukee 8.67
- North Liberty 9.33
- Johnston 10.0
What is the richest county in Iowa?
Iowa Counties by Per Capita Income
Rank | County | Per capita income
- Dallas $33,051
- Dickinson $29,459
- Polk $29,246
- Warren $28,798
What is the poorest town in Iowa?
In a 24/7 Wall St. poll, Onawa was designated as the poorest city in Iowa.
What’s the most dangerous city in Iowa?
Rank | City | Total Crime Rate Per 100,000 Inhabitants
- Council Bluffs Previous rank: 1 6,404
- Keokuk Previous rank: 2 5,787
- Davenport Previous rank: 6 5,577
- Clinton Previous rank: 5 5,362
How many billionaires are in Iowa?
- State or Federal District Iowa
- Number Billionaire Residents (2/12/16) 1
- Number Billionaire Residents (9/15/20) 1
- Billionaires’ Real-Time Cumul. Worth $M (9/15/20) 5,420
- Billionaires/ State’s 10M pop. (7/19 Census) (9/15/20) 3.17
What is the best town to live in Iowa?
After the coronavirus pandemic, Business Insider put together a list of the top 30 cities to move to. Iowa City (23), Dubuque (16), Cedar Rapids (11), Des Moines (8) and Ames (6) were among them. Springfield, Illinois was named number one.
Is Iowa a safe place to live?
It is possible to live in a safe city in Iowa without being wealthy. That is the major conclusion drawn from ValuePenguin's study of The FBI Crime Report for Iowa, as revealed by the ValuePenguin team.
Rank | City | Crime Score
- 5 Norwalk 383
- 6 Waukee 481
- 7 Decorah 488
- 8 Johnston 508
Are there any billionaires in Iowa?
The net worth of Adel-based seed king Harry Stine, Iowa's lone billionaire, increased by $1.6 billion, or 43 percent, between mid-March 2017 and January 29th 2018, according to a new report from Americans for Tax Fairness (ATF), Health Care for America Now (HCAN) and Iowa Citizen Action Network.
Is Iowa famous for anything?
The Hawkeye State is the country's leading pork and corn producer. Iowa, also known as the Hawkeye State, was admitted to the Union as the nation's 29th state in 1846. 2. Iowa has by far the most pigs of any state and is also the top pork producer in the country.
Where should I live in Iowa?
The 8 Best Places to Live in Iowa
- Ashbury. According to Home Snacks, Ashbury is the number one best place to live in Iowa.
- Ames. Drive around 30 miles from the state capital of Des Moines and you’ll find Ames, a city which, as the Crazy Tourist notes, is “greatly affordable”.
- Orange City.
- Le Claire.
- North Liberty.
Who is the most famous person in Iowa?
Famous People from Iowa
- John Wayne Birthplace.
- Herbert Hoover Presidential Library & Museum.
- Glenn Miller Birthplace Home & Museum.
- Johnny Carson Birthplace Home.
- Birthstone of Captain James T.
- Meredith Willson Boyhood Home.
- Carrie Lane Chapman Catt Girlhood Home & Museum.
- Donna Reed Center for the Performing Arts.
Is Clinton Iowa a good place to live?
The history of Clinton, Iowa is a story that has all the signs of a tragic tale. It was once a fantastic town that has sadly deteriorated. There are some excellent instructors and others who aren't so hot. Many people in Clinton are dissatisfied with their lives. The river remains beautiful, and they're starting to take use of it again.
Where is it cheapest to live in Iowa?
The Most Affordable Places To Live In Iowa
Rank | City | Population
- Denison 8,337
- Webster City 7,732
- Clarinda 5,388
- Marshalltown 27,053
What is the rudest city in Iowa?
This is a correct list if you're looking at areas in Iowa with the worst economic situations, where there's more crime than usual, and not much to do. And finally, Centerville comes out as the worst city to live in Iowa for 2021.
How long is winter in Iowa?
The winter season, which lasts for 3.1 months and includes an average daily high temperature of less than 41°F, begins on November 30 and ends on March 2. January 22 is the coldest day of the year with an average low of 15°F and a high of 30°F.