The world’s thiccest book is 496 mm (19.5 in) thick and was created by Gyanjivandasji Swami (India) in Gujarat, India, on February 2nd, 2020. The book is titled Shree Haricharitramrut Sagar and is a biography of Bhagwan Shree Hari. It measures 1,000 pages in length and width and is bound with two metal rings.
What is the thickest book in the world?
The world’s thickest book is Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap, which has a collection of all of her Miss Marple tales. The Guinness World Records recognizes the existence of the four-volume book with a collection of all of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple stories as the world’s thickest volume. With 12 novels and 20 short stories, the book measures 34 cm (13.4 in) thick.
What is the most difficult book to read?
Finnegans Wake by James Joyce (1939)- This is considered the most difficult book to read due to its use of puns, portmanteaus, neologisms, and stream-of-consciousness writing style.
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (1929)- This novel is written in a non-linear fashion, with shifting perspectives and timelines.
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (14th Century)- This is a collection of 24 stories written in Middle English.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez (1967)- This novel features a large cast of characters and weaves together multiple plots.
- Ulysses by James Joyce (1922)- This novel is considered challenging due to its experimental writing style and dense literary allusions.
What is the biggest book ever written?
9,609,000 characters (each letter is considered a character. Spaces are also quantified as one character each.) The word “Remembrance of Things Past” is the literal translation.
What is the shortest book in the world?
Augusto Monterroso’s The Dinosaur
You may discover more about the world’s shortest novel by Googling The Dinosaur and selecting “summary.” You’ll be told that no less an authority than novelist and literary critic Umberto Eco declared it the globe’s shortest book.
Who has the thickest hair in the world?
On June 7, 2013, Micah Dyer’s (USA) beard was plucked at JDB Ltd in Phoenix, Arizona, and the thinnest strand of human hair was measured at 477.52 micrometres (0.0188 inches).
What is the longest fantasy novel?
Death’s Merchant, with 1,278 pages, is the longest book in the series. At over 700,000 words, it’s also one of the longest fantasy novels ever written.
What books should every person read?
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee-This Pulitzer Prize-winning novel addresses themes of racial injustice and the destruction of innocence.
- 1984, by George Orwell-This dystopian classic cautions against the dangers of totalitarianism and the need for personal freedom.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling-The first book in the beloved Harry Potter series follows young wizard Harry Potter as he attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien- This classic fantasy novel tells the story of Frodo Baggins and his journey to destroy the One Ring.
- The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger-This coming-of-age novel follows the life of teenager Holden Caulfield as he is kicked out of a prestigious boarding school and becomes a wanderer in New York City.
What is the easiest book to read?
- Fantastic Mr Fox – Roald Dahl-This classic children’s novel is a good choice for beginning readers. The story is short and the language is simple, making it easy to follow.
- The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway-This novel tells the story of an aging fisherman who struggles to catch a giant marlin. Hemingway’s straightforward writing style makes this an easy read.
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding-This novel about a group of stranded schoolboys who turn to savagery is a classic of literature. Golding’s writing is accessible, making it a good choice for those looking for an easy read.
- The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck-This novel tells the story of the Joad family during the Great Depression. Steinbeck’s writing is evocative, but the subject can be difficult.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The top two languages on the list are both Chinese, with Mandarin at the top. The most spoken language in the world is Mandarin (spoken by over a billion people). …
What is the #1 best-selling book?
- Da Vinci Code, The Crime,
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
What is the longest name in the world?
Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff Sr. (b. 4 August 1914, Germany), for whom the longest personal name is 747 characters long, died on 24 October 1997 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as verified on 1 January 2021.
Is Homestuck longer than the Bible?
For example, the New Revised Standard Version contains over 100,000 additional words than the King James Bible (which is 1.3 million more words than the Textus Receptus). It would be the fifth-longest novel (by word count) in English if published.
What is the longest book in America?
To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams (520,000 words/1,104 pages)-This is the third and final book in Williams’s Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy. It was published in 1993 and is the longest book in the series.
What is the longest novel ever written?
The Guinness World Record for the longest novel is 1.3 million words, held by Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus, a French novel written by Madeleine de Scudéry and published in 1649–53.
What was the first book ever written?
The Epic of Gilgamesh is the first book that we know of: a mythical account of an important historical figure. Johannes Gutenberg, a German man, invented his own movable type printing press in 1454.
Is the Bible the biggest book in the world?
The Bible is the most widely read book in the world. He discovered that the Bible has been read 3.9 billion times over the last 50 years, far outselling any other work. “Quotations from Mao Tse-tung’s Works” was second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” was third with 400 million copies.