The University of Phoenix has been recognized by Guinness World Records as being the largest private, for-profit university in North America. There are more than 300,000 students enrolled at this school with an acceptance rate of below 50%. This means that there are many opportunities available to those who do not qualify for other schools. The University offers degrees and certificates in over 100 different areas which makes it a popular choice among people looking to go back to school or change careers. With over 60 locations across North America, students can choose from courses on campus or online programs which make it convenient for their schedule.
The University of Phoenix Online Campus is also currently ranked #3 in the world for best online MBA programs by U.S. News & World Report, which makes it one of the top schools in the nation for online graduate programs. The school offers degrees in areas such as marketing, human resource management, and information technology management to name a few.
Here are the other large universities in different parts of the world:
- Asia – Asia University in South Korea, with 160,000 students.
- Europe – Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona in Spain, with about 50,000 students.
- South America – Rio Branco University in Brazil, with over 20,000 students.
- Africa – University of Ghana at Legon, with around 30,000 students.
- Oceania – Bond University in Australia, with about 8,000 students.
- Antarctica – McMurdo Station on Ross Island, with around 1,000 people.
In addition to being the largest university in North America, the University of Phoenix is also listed as the second-best for-profit school in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has over 60 campuses located throughout the continent.